Power steeing ?

Hi all,

I just replace the high presure hose to my power steeing pump. Had a leak in the hose part of it. As I was replacing, I was wondering why I could not have just cut the cut the line with a pipe cutter and just replaced the the hose part... by sliding another high presure hose over the line by a few inches and clamping down...

Can't do that now, but motive would be to save $65 and be a much faster job.

Reply to
GM

Because....unless you added some sort of flare to the metal line section, that new hose would blow right off, no matter how tight you tightened any hose clamps on it. When you go all the way to end of your steering, you can see pressures out of the ps pump of over 2000 psi.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai