Professional advice needed removing pitman arm

In article

Let's see if you can find your asshole with the aid of a road map...

"The world?" Funny the things that you find important in life, games and such. The mark of a child. But do clarify for me what an alcoholic drink made from grapes has to do with any of this.

Bozo, hurricane... is that you? Are you back? Can I get a "bwahahahaha' from you? How were things in Russia?

Ooops, nothing useful there...

Awwww, is your widdle feewings hurt?

Tis better to have known and forgotten then to be a clueless half-wit.

Yup, and the pay is higher.

What your mommy does has little relation to the rest of the world. Does she need that stuff because she was a hockey player?

No? Do tell.

"Infact?" I think you got robbed by that "clown colledge." (or, maybe your were at the top of the class)

That's how it appears.

Too bad that in your case, that's all you have to look forward to.

Pity.
"Vehement?" heh-heh-heh-heh...

<censored to prevent retinal bleeding>
Of course that wasn't retaliation, me not finding the buttons and all... I can see I wont win this, even if I win this.
So I will resort to the age-old "yes dear" And leave you to your rude, vulgar self, showing the professionalism that your years of blissful ignorance have bestowed upon you.
Truly Neil, you are a god - your older, better paid, and have wisdom as old as the fjords of Norway.
I salute you, with a big shout-out "YES DEAR!"
-The Lonely Grease Monkey 1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP203 KJ's successor
"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson
pde_on snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lonely G-Monkey) wrote:
[snip]

[snip]
Finally you are able to realize that there is more to the definition of professional than a mere paycheck.
Amazing...

Yes, of course dear.
~KJ~

done.
on
before
unless
Hi!

That's a mighty good point there Doc! ...even if you were just kidding around...
Now I don't argue with KJ's definition of "professional" and how being paid legally makes you a professional, but I suspect that (as usual) the reality of things is just different than the book definition.
Just another one of my $0.02.
William The Guesser -- guessing he'd be a rich guy if he kept all those $0.02 to himself!
Hey Doc another Green drinker huh. Tried the new Green Light yet. It's not bad. Locally it runs 7.99 a 12 for bottles.. I keep the shop fridge stocked with at least four cases of each...
--
Steve Williams

""Doc"" < snipped-for-privacy@noway.com> wrote in message

Just as the definition says. :-)
~KJ~
"KJ" wrote

Let's put it this way....."more" professional then the original poster "Dan". A new steering box will be an expensive lesson.
Ian

Smash, grab, and run like hell!
KJ's 5 finger discount method of repair
(where he'd find a steering box to steal, who knows) Go buy something cheap ($2 headlight frame) or something like that from a junk yard. Mine doesn't really check whats in your hands when you pull it.... Drop the steering box in your truck and pay for the bracket....
Although.... they do have LARGE fork lifts......
Anyone here ever worked in a boneyard? I always feel so bad for the ppl working there..... I can't imagine that they get paid enough, especially in the winter!?
Hi!

An interesting theorem. Now (stifling some laughter) if I pay you to do it, does that make you a professional? (Sorry, don't take it personal, just havin some fun...)

Depends on. You happen to have neighbors who seem to be running a used car lot with much of the merchandise up on blocks or missing parts? There ya go! Until they move some of their wares, they won't be any the wiser.
Lotsa vehicles (especially older trucks) end up laid to rest in some cornfield somewhere. Before the rust takes hold or the vermin move too far in, get what you want. Nobody will ever know by the time the law comes around to make the former owner remove the old vehicle.
There also many vehicles left resting in the "off season"...

I have yet to see the junkyard that really does. The one I frequent you could probably drive a whole car out of there and not get caught. Actually, come to think of it someone did do that. They seemingly found *something* that would run and made it all the way across town to a gas station before getting caught. Had they not stopped for gas, who knows???
If I thought for even half a second that the truck I wanted over there could be persuaded to run, it'd be gone! ;-)
Now, if I would have seen that, I would have probably hurt something laughing... "Oh, it doesn't have a brake pedal." "No problem!" "Wait...the radio is out!" "Back it goes!"
I guess that's why whenever a vehicle lands in the junkyard they turn the key to on and they leave it there...so the battery will run down and it can't be started without some assistance.

That is true, but I would reckon especially if you were in your vehicle when they lifted it up and away, they could get in pretty big trouble, especially if nobody ever saw you again...although I suppose even that happens more often than you might think.

in
I'd have to admit that with a proper set of mechanical skills and bodywork experience, a small junkyard might be a real ball. I can just imagine a few V8 fired K-Cars or maybe a few siamese vehicles...or maybe a really, really, really, longbed pickup! World's longest schoolbus, anyone?
Can you tell I have just a little time on my hands?
William The Guesser -- guessing at what fun owning a junkyard would really be, especially with some skills!
i use a pickle fork most every day and never had a problem. this is one of my best tools to be honest so sometimes its just a matter of opinion.

I've
get

one of

opinion.
[snip]
I watched a guy use one of these on one of my rigs to get the idler arm off, only he used an air hammer with hit. Had it the whole job done in about 10 minutes. I about shit my pants reading this thread, but then I remembered, I don't have that rig anymore.
Hatt

=======================The idler is a different story. Its not attached directly to anything that has bearings and gears.
I'm going to tell ya how to do it, just promise not to hit me with a hammer and pickle fork !! lol:) Take the steering shaft off,it's onlt 1 11mm bolt and pull it off by hand... next pry up on the fender to allow access to all 3 bolts... a prybear here works wonders...next you loosen all 3 bolts and remove 2 of them ... by doing this you can usually tilt the box to allow access with a pitman arm puller to remove the pitman arm.You may have to remove all 3 but do not remove the lines...as far as the little seal that makes putting the puller on hard , simply use a small screwdriver and work the seal up into the box... it's just a dust seal and wil fall back down when you are done... once it's pulled off, put the new one one, and voila you're done..Don't forget to massage the innner fender back down to hide the bolts.... Bobo

pickle