Question - Oil pressure ?

Well, if you have a better solution on how to patch a damaged engine for running on 5 instead of 6 cylinders, let's hear it.

Reply to
Tim

OK, here goes. Find the bad bearing either by using a stethoscope or pulling the plug wires one at a time. Drain the oil & pull the pan. Repair the bearing as best you can to maintain oil pressure. Straight 50-60 wt oil may help. Maybe. If it still knocks too bad pull the plug wire and use silicone to plug the distributor cap. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

So why didn't you say that the first time, and just leave it at that?

Reply to
Tim

My intent was to provide the OP with information that would help him make a decision as to his obviously damaged engine. Next thing I know we are loosening/removing rocker arms, pulling spark plugs and punching holes in pistons. Not the quick & dirty, cheap fix he asked for by any stretch. In far too many of your posts in many threads you seem to delight in starting a pissing contest with long time good posters, many of whom no longer contribute to this group for just that reason. They, nor I, need some egocentric asshat thinking he needs to moderate this group. Let me tell you something Sweetheart, you ain't all that. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

Exactly, you're just an asshole.

Reply to