Re: Knuckledraggers ...

"DJ Hatt" sez:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but if someone had laid a grease gun on these at > regular > intervals they wouldnt' need replacing would they?

That's right ... too bad the previous owner depended on "regular dealer service."

VLJ

-- Take only pictures, leave only bullet holes.

Reply to
vlj

Well he said that the bladders had ruptured. My first impression was that they had too much grease in them at some point.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

these at

You are right. He did say that. But, I don't know of these rupturing because they had so much pressure behind them that they blew out by force. Do you? I'd guess it broke, split or cracked, either because of weathering, road debris and dryness or a combination of all these rather than inside air/grease pressure. Anyone I've seen thats seemed to have "ruptured," had a pretty small hole in it and adding grease slowly oozed out of it. The hole being about the size of a pencil lead or smaller. Even at that they still held a substantial amount of grease. The internal pressure would only make it ooze till it equalized with the outside pressure.

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

The term rupture can be taken literally, if one of the knuckledraggers had a pnematic grease gun in the shop. Fire that on there too long, she'll blow.

Reply to
Luke