Re: Sequoia AC weak??

"ma_twain" sez:

I might expect a weaker AC in an Echo, but certainly not in an Limited > Sequoia. I might also expect a weaker AC in a Swedish car.

The AC system in the Volvo XC90 we test drove the same day worked flawlessly.

I would > suspect some control was not set right - full speed fan does not mean > cooler.

I dialed in the auto temperature setting to "max" ...

Internal recirculate with a vehicle that has been sitting in > the sun for hours is not the right way to cool a vehicle. A black car > with black leather interior would be hotter than a white car.

True, I own a white car and know this well.

The recommended what to cool a car is to open the windows and use the > fan to blow out the hot air. Drive and let the engine warm up and the > interior cool down. Then, set the temperature, turn on the AC and close > the windows. You can use re-circ if you want it colder. If I use AC on > the coldest temp with re-circ, the air gets cold enough to make your > hand hurt - this is in 95-100 degree actual temperature with heat > indexes up to 110 degrees.

Yeah, we opened up the sunroof to dump the hot air out and drove around for half an hour including a jaunt on the interstate to make sure it wasn't an airflow through the heat exchanger issue. It still wasn't up to par with everything else we were driving that same day.

VLJ

-- Take only pictures, leave only bullet holes.

Reply to
vlj

In my experience the next to highest fan speed actually will cool more effectively than the highest one. The air spends more time in the evaporator and gets colder.

There may have been a problem with that individual vehicle also--try another sample. If you aren't happy after trying 2 different ones, buy something else.

Reply to
Steve S.