Re: More trouble with '03 S-10

Make sure the cables are really clean. You cant tell for sure by just looking at them. remove them and clean them and then re-install. Some like a bad connection at the battery for shure to me.

Hello group... > > I'm asking for more ideas...seems everyone local is drawing up blanks. > > Today after work I went out to the truck to start it. After turning the key, > the starter started to engage and then went dead. So did everything else in > the truck after I released the key. Tried again after turning the key > off--starts right up, drove to the dealership with no problems. They'll see > me Wednesday. > > So....a little later on tonight I'm backing out of the driveway to let my > brother leave in his car. I pull back in after he leaves and as I cross the > low spot in the driveway--the truck dies. Everything dies. No radio, no > lights, no horn, no fan, no engine and no starter.I didn't touch a thing...I > left the key on. Oddly enough all of the gages were still reading > accurately. > > Called the dealership up and I went back out to the truck several minutes > later. Instead of being dead, it has come back to life. The dash lights are > on, it wants me to fasten my seatbelt...all that good stuff. So I tried to > start it. Turns over nicely, tries to run, but has very low RPMs and > stumbles around for a few seconds before it dies. Turned the key off and > tried again. It starts right up and runs fine. > > One thing of note--this time when I left the key on after the truck died, I > lost all my radio presets! > > The battery terminals seem to be very tight and clean. The dealership has > checked and tightened them, as have I. The truck has a factory-installed > alarm/security thing on it. I've only changed the radio out, and the wiring > is good there, which I think pretty well rules it out as the cause. > > Anybody got any thoughts on this? I'm about to pull my hair out! > > William "The Guesser" Walsh > >
Reply to
Scott M

Honestly, I wonder if I made the !%^$ thing jealous while I was thundering around the farm in my '84 the other day...

Maybe I need to threaten it with participation in a demolition derby if it doesn't straighten out...

:-D

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

William R. Walsh wrote: Hello

Intermittant internal battery short.

Dennis

Reply to
umblazew

Hello all...

I'm going to steal a battery from another truck and will report back if the misbehavior continues.

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Clean the cables while you are there.....:) I bet it will fix it.......

Reply to
Scott M