Re: Parking a Silverado

depends on how big yer regular single car garage is..... now its a smart ass answer, but its very much a case of YMMV. I know i have a 2 car garage, and my 1500 fits just fine, only because there is a bump out for the water heater and a small work area on one side of the garage, i have to open my door between some storage stuff, and i can only get in the other car IF i back my pickup out first. I'm sure it will be a snug fit, but the only way to find out is to give it a try... carefully. If you have a topper shell on it watch the clearance with the g-door, helps to have someone else outside to provide pointers and "STOP!!s" before something gets expensive..... and once yer in if you can't get the door open, that answers the other question, back out and park someplace else...... OH one more thing, when backing out keep an eye on the mirrors.... very easy to leave one on the floor once you get out........

Reply to
nooneimportant

Can you fit a 2003 ext cab short bed 2wd silverado in a regular single

>car garage. Will you be able to open the door after you park ? > >Thanks in advance.

yes,

Reply to
PM

A co-worker puts their full-size Ford van in their small one-car garage. The garage opening looks smaller than the one my dad's Durango goes into. It's interesting watching that van go in that garage, it's like they built it for a snug fit, maybe 6" on either side with mirrors folded in

Reply to
Mike Levy

Hi!

It depends very much on the garage you want to put your vehicle in.

I'd measure the length and width of the garage, allowing for stuff that's in the way and won't be easy to move. Then I'd measure the truck the same two ways.

It is only after that you should try to pull the truck in there, otherwise you may get it in and not out or something similarly silly. I know somebody (they were planning to tear down the garage anyway) who pulled their truck in and it wouldn't come back out...so they did a very careful job of tearing the garage down around the truck.

William -- owner of a two car garage with room for zero cars or trucks!

Reply to
William R. Walsh

[...]

Youve got six duplicate posts dating from 7/16/03 8:08PM to the most recent at 7/17/03 at 3:3am..... might want to take another hammer to the news server and beat it into submission....

Reply to
nooneimportant

I have a "standard" single car garage door bought at Home Depot. I can measure it if you want. My 2003 silverado will only fit in the door if I retract the side mirrors. Luckily the truck I bought had the automatic retraction feature.

As to length, the garage is 24' long and the truck fits fine. As I normally park, there is plenty of room to walk in front of it, but not enough to walk behind. If your garage is shorter, then you will have to measure the truck and see.

-John Banister

Reply to
John Banister

Reply to