Recall

Sports cars and foreign cars have had rear disc brakes for ages. I don't see what the problem is!

Reply to
Randd01

From what I've seen, GM would have been smarter to put the rear disc callipers at the back side of the axle, instead of the front. Sitting at the front side, they are wide open to rocks and mud. They often get rocks between the calliper and the rim and cause problems. The brake hose is exposed where it bolts to the calliper and often rocks hitting the banjo bolt will loosen the bolt and it starts leaking brake fluid. We can and do install special guards that help to protect the callipers a bit from rocks and mud. But it would have been better to have them at the rear. We had a new Ford truck in the shop the other day, and it had the callipers positioned at the rear side of the axle. Much better.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Hey Ian;

Drove any of the new Ferds with the 5R110 automatic yet ?

It's a 5-speed version of the 4R100 (E4OD) (kicks OD on between 1st and 2nd) with PWM'd apply solenoids for the clutch packs, like a Mopar A604 FWD

The valve body is 6 solenoids.......that's it, no valves, no check balls, just 6 solenoids

Or so I hear..........

Reply to
TranSurgeon

I'm not GM,

Nor am I affiliated with them, I just know from in the course of running a business for the years I did. What to expect, based on the laws.

It's a shitty dilemma for a customer to be in, but I can't help you short of telling you: get cables elsewhere, and they have to pay.

Refinish King

PS On the worm comment, I never have, nor will I ever treat a customer like that! Not even the abusive ones.

Reply to
Refinish King

Nope, the truck was in the shop only because it was traded in and was being inspected. I haven't driven a Ford product since the 1970 Mustang Mach 1 that I owned. Transmission sounds interesting....of course, most of what you said went straight over my head..(grin)

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

The "worm" comment was meaning GM. The same way they seem to say the clanging of an engine is normal! My '02 8.1L sounds like a diesel all the time. My brother's '03 8.1L sounds the way a GAS engine should, quiet! AND his has over twice the mileage of mine..... Wonder if his will use a quart of oil in 1K to 1.5K miles??? Oh that's right, that's normal too!!!

message