Remove/replace a wiper arm

Do I need a special tool to remove a wiper arm from a 1999 Chevy 3500? The washer nozzle on mine is broken: GM wants $41. I'm thinking of looking in a junk yard for an arm with washer hose and nozzles on it. Will I be able to pry the arm off with a small pry bar or claw hammer? Will I be able to install it just by tapping it down onto the post?

Reply to
William Andersen

It should have a tab on the side of the mount. You just pick the arm up, pull that tab OUT and lower the arm so it sits at an angle. Then just rock the arm up/down while pulling up on the bottom of the arm. The washer nozzle itself is removable and could be replaced separately. It just clips on the arm.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
William Andersen