Restore again

I have been using Restore in a couple of my vehicles for a year of so. Today when I changed the oil, I noticed some a fair amount of particles in the bottom of the drain pan after I poured the oil into some storage bottles. They looked like metal particles and wondered if excess Restore clumps up into particles. Anyone else notice this? TIA, MR

Reply to
MR

I've used it for more years than I can remember and have never experienced this. I'd say you have something else going funky in there.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yep. Sure looks like it. Both oil drainings had the same stuff in there and the engines are running fine with very little to no oil useage. Next time, I'll remove the stuff and clean it and see what gives. Thanks, MR

Reply to
MR

experienced

After you have the gunk de-oiled, run a magnet thru it and see if it sticks to the magnet, to see if it's iron or not.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

A good idea would be to:

cut open the oil filter, and see if there are any slivers. Slivers indicate bearing material. If it's magnetic and particles, it can be as simple as an exhaust rocker arm that's about to expire.

Them bastards go with little or no warning!

I hope this helped?

experienced

Reply to
Refinish King

Completely stock. No change. Thanks a bunch. MR

Reply to
MR

Come to think about it, I still have the trash bag with all the old paper towels etc. I cleaned the catch pan with. I'll dump it today and see what that material looks like, magnetic or what. Thanks, MR

Reply to
MR