s-10 and manual tranny questions

Hello group,

I have a '96 S-10 w/ the 4.3L and a manual. Every so often when I pull away from a stop it pops out of gear. Now the first couple times it happened I thought "oh I didn't have it in gear all the way" but the problem is getting a little bit more frequent, and it is totally random. When it first started happening it would just pop into neutral but now it throws inself into second, so it getting worse. I know the very basics on transmissions, and I don't know whats wrong. Any thoughts????

Thanks,

John

PS- since I'm not even close on being an expert correct me if I'm way off, but could one or more of the teeth on the first gear be missing and if I'm so lucky to put it into first at that moment that the two gears mesh, and since the teeth are missing thats why it popping out and at random times?

Reply to
John

Have someone check the Throw-out-bearing

Reply to
Rob

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,