Problem toyota pick-up tranny

I have a 4 speed manual tranny. It doesnt want to go into gear all the way and pops out of all gears now unless i hold it in position. Help ME!!

Reply to
darrell

You didn't mention what year, but most often on our trucks the nylon shifter bushings tend to wear and can result in popping out of gear. Should be a quick and easy repair if thats the case.

Reply to
qslim

It is a 1989 toyota pickup. Does the nylon shifter bushing sound like the problem still? If so whats the fix?

Thanks

Reply to
darrell