S-10 pick-up backfiring?

Hi all...

I have a 1994, Chevy S-10 V-6, 91,000 miles...

When Im driving at highway speeds, occasionally it seems like it misses. It may only happen onece, or a successive series of misses, but never lasting any more than a few seconds...It almost sounds like a muffled backfire.

This just started happening, but without any kind of regularity or pattern. I have already changed the air filter, but before I do anything else, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Slycktom