S-10 Pick up Spare tire Carrier 1994

Need some information on the name of "what is the spare tire carrier winch assy. called." Mine is broken and all searches I have used reference only a bracket that mounts inside of the bed. Cannot find any parts breakdown of this assembly. At a loss. No reference to it in the Haynes manual. Don't have an owners manual :>( Thnx

Reply to
Plano Bill

"Frame Mounted Tire Carrier"

Want to buy a full set of service manuals (all three) for it? I have a set to get rid of. Also have one spare copy of just the service manual. Like new. Probably won't need them now that my 94 is soon to be scrapped. Plan on using it for fire service training. Anyone need parts before it gets cut up?

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Plano Bill

Call a GM parts outlet(dealer). To my knowledge you are not going to find this aftermarket. They should also know what you are describing.

Reply to
Certainly

He might find it used on EBAY or at a junkyard.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Spare tire lifter according to this web site But it is 96 -03 years

tom

Thanks Tom:

That is exactly what I was search>> Need some information on the name of "what is the spare tire carrier

Plano Bill

That is what GM calls it. You have a Frame Mounted Tire Carrier, or a Rear Mounted Tire Carrier. The Frame mounted is the winch type and the Rear mounted is the swing away style used on the Blazers.

Reply to
Steve W.

That may be what that site calls it but GM calls it a frame mounted tire carrier. That is from the factory manual, the crash book, and my Hollander interchange book.

Reply to
Steve W.

Too bad the site does not give you The GM part Number .

I see the difference is the shape where the mounting bolts go thru. I got a Used one 2 years ago ( off an 83 s10) when I restored my 89 S10 and it was froze up.. I used lots of WD40 but got it unfroze... Then I Sqirted lots of MOTORCYLE CHAIN LUBE in it

tom