02 Chevy Silverado Front Speakers

Before I go ripping apart my 02 Chevy 15000 truck to replace the front speakers can somebody please give guidance on how to remove the wire mess covering the front speakers in the door?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
WhyZeeGuy

You don't remove that. The whole interior door panel comes off. First pry off the triangular piece where the mirrors are. Remove the door lock/unlock and window control switches by prying up. Also remove the panel around the door open handle. There should be three screws, one behind the handle, one behind the armrest handle, and one at the very bottom. After that, simply lift up on the entire panel, and the speakers will be available. Careful for the attached wires for lights and switches. You'll want to disconnect those.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks - I guess it's off too the liquor store for a case a beer and a full tank of gas, gotta be ready for those 15 trips to AutoZone, ya know...

Thank for the specifics.

Reply to
WhyZeeGuy

Hi!

Why make 15 trips to Autozone? Give good ol' Crutchfield a call, order something simple (like--say--speaker wiring adapters) and they'll send you some real easy to follow directions.

I have no relation with their company--other than being a satisfied customer.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Why do you want to change those speakers? All the newer Chevys I've heard sound way better than anything you are likely to buy......just curious. The newer vehicles usually have "tuned" sound systems to the vehicle. Stock stereo systems are *alot* better than they used to be.....again, just curious.

Reply to
Scott M

I changed them. I put an aftermarket head in with a 80w x 4 amp, and the factory paper speakers just couldn't handle it. I changed all of my speakers out and it sounds much much better.

Reply to
Tiger

Seriously, the small tweeter speakers in the front door just fell out. A closer inspection reveled that the mounts were just of poor quality and broke off as a result of one frequently upset wife slamming door closed.

I would take the truck in for warranty work but I'm afraid the dealer would just end up replacing the entire door and trying to charge me for it.

Reply to
WhyZeeGuy

OK, you just needed to fix the tweeter then. Cool

Reply to
Scott M