Shudder At 40 MPH

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2WD, 4.3 V6 with a 4L60E transmission. Traveling at a steady speed of about 40 MPH , and trying to maintain that speed I get a shudder/vibration. I was told that it is the transmission and it is inherent with that truck.

Is there a fix? Any help would be appreciated

Dave

Reply to
N1RZB

Sean Cook

If you have narrowed it to the drive train. Check your drive shaft universals, and see if there is a spot were a shaft counterweight was scraped off. One way to tell is if your speedometer shudders also. If the speedo shudders, it's probably in the drive train. I wouldn't look to the tranny unless some part of the casing aroung the tailshaft is cracked off.

Reply to
looeylizard