Small leak from Transmission 97 Chevy Blazer 2dr 101K

Hello Everyone!

I've had my blazer for about 3 years now, and the only major problems I have had was from the fuel injectors, but now I run only BP or Mobil gas through, and havn't (knock on wood) had a problem in about a year!

But now A slight/small transmission leak (3 drops every time I park) has sprung around the top (might be somewhere else) of the front transmission seal. It almost looks like it coming from around the starter. It doesn't seem to be getting worse. I allready took the trans pan, replaced the fluid and filter and the seal. I have had the problem with the dipstick rusting from the windshield fluid dripping on it, and it made the fluid pretty dirty.

Is there any way I can fix this problem? Does anyone know any reputable trans repair shops in the Dupage, IL area?

Thanks a lot!

-Kory

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

I don't own a Blazer, but my parents own a '96 which had a transmission leak. Eventually it was traced to where the speedometer cable attaches to the transmission. You might look there.

Reply to
Ron Crawford

OK.. Took it to a "reputable" shop Front Seal and Torque Converter Replaced = $600... I'll give updates as I go forward.

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

did they replace the pump bushing ?

if not, good luck....................

Reply to
TranSurgeon

I called to make sure and the guy laughed at me and said of course :).

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

Did I get a good deal for a flush, Pump bushing, and New torque converter replaced for $600 total?

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

depends on your location

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Chicagoland Western Suburbs

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

not bad

downstate, I'd say 450 would be more like it

Reply to
TranSurgeon

My father is getting his 97 Tahoe Trans rebuilt. (He had this odd problem where when then truck's overdrive kicked in and he stopped, it would shift gears at maximum preasure and slam the car like it was rear-ended). They said it will cost him $1350, is that pricey? I have little experience with transmissions... I can fix the rest of the car, but transmissions is much too difficult, and i don't have the proper tools for it.

Thanks for the info though!

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

that's reasonable