Special Lubricant...

Alright, I've had dealers tell me all kinds of stories, but when they tell me I'm gonna get the special lubricant I panic. Sure I've been shafted by dealers once or twice, but when they come right out and tell me that... That's just too much.

I dropped my big truck off at the dealer this morning. I gave them a list of theings to take care of.

  1. Tailgate cables - recall.
  2. Speedo sticking
  3. Gages weren't working, but started working when I took it over to them.
  4. AC Vent actuator motor cycling
  5. Something clunking in the front end

I got a call back letting me know the status of everything.

  1. No comment.
  2. Ordering a new speedo.
  3. Can't do anything they are working.
  4. Ordering new motor.
  5. Giving me the special lubricant.

WHOA! I don't want no special lubricant. I want the front end fixed not my back end.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The clunking is a known issue with the ISS. The current fix is using a special lubricant. I just took mine off and squirted in some regular grease and see how long it lasts.

Reply to
Eugene Nine