Starter Help with Chevy 350 engine.

I have a van with a 350 engine.

It would not start - I would hear one click - but no cranking.

Someone told me to lightly rap the starter with a hammer.

I did that and it started right up.

What is wrong? Do I need a new starter?

Reply to
Harry Everhart

---------------------------------- Either the brushes are worn, there is a bad connection or the solenoid isnt connecting sending the power the the starter motor. Check the connections, if all is tight put a starter on it and be done with it.

Reply to
Scott

It gets cold having to go in the sno to bang your starter. It does make it a slick slide to get under it though.....

Reply to
KJ

I just ordered the new starter. It will be installed Monday. Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
Harry Everhart