Starting trouble 1995 Chevy G30 Van

Things are good here as well. Busier'n shit at work, which is severely depleting the time I can spend on my El Camino. I figure as soon as my damn grass stops growing and all the leaves have fallen I'll have an extra 4-6 hours a week on my hands and will spend that in my garage. Bought a new

165,000 BTU kerosene/diesel torpedo to keep me warm in there over the winter. Going to look at an aluminum head 427 for her tomorrow, and going to try to nab a 400 for my truck while I'm there. My buddy's, friend's, sister's g-friend's Dad died a few months ago. He has/had a huge garage full of old motors, rebuilds he never sold, transmissions, sheet metal, etc. She has until Thursday (two days from now) to empty the garage or the new owner gets the whole shebang. Supposed to be a shitload of 283's, 350's, 400's, 427's and 454's, camel-hump heads out the whazoo, a few MOPAR hemi's and a pair of 58' Vettes in decent shape. Apparently she hasn't sold anything yet. I'm hoping me and my buddy can buy the lot for a decent price and sell the motors off to friends. I'd take out a small loan to get my hands on this lot.

I'm still trying to determine what the cause was of my brake problems. I have a feeling it was a combination of master + combo valve and a shitload of bad luck and broken replacement parts. It was a surrealistic nightmare that's for sure. Pedal still feels like shit but she stops faster than a Honduh Civic with the updated components.

My wife's truck is due for a brake fluid flush and frankly I'm terrified to touch the damn thing. Hell, all I did to mine was tighten the rear adjusters 3 clicks apiece and look what happened!

Take er' easy,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

WOW! I'd love to get my hands on some of that stuff!

Just be glad it's your own truck and not something you did for a friend or relative. I think you'te right on the money as far as what the problems were. When the junkyard stuff works better then the "rebuilt" stuff it's time to change your parts supplier.

LMAO!! Don't worry about it, we all get a job that turns to shit from time to time, you just have to learn from it and move on. Bye the way... an El Camino with a hopped up 427 sounds like a shitload of fun. Keep us updated on the progress. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Mah best bud... I need two 350CUI or higher chevs....

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Make my S10 a nice little sleeper.

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey