HELP!!! 92 chevy silverado not starting on the first few turns of the key

When I turn the key to start the truck, all of the lights on the dash come on, but I hear no clicks and engine doesn't fire up or crank. Usually about the third turn of the key, it will start fine. Today I couldn't get it started after even twenty plus turns of the key. I later came out and it started after two or three turns of the key. I have changed the engition switch everything under the hood at the distributor, and have no idea what can be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas I can try. Thanks, Aaron. It is a 5 speed, V6 Silverado if that helps.

Reply to
chevy man

Yeah a bad starter solenoid, bad neutral safety switch, miss adjusted neutral safety switch, miss adjusted ignition switch, dirty or loose battery connections. Check small wire in solenoid for power when someone holds key in start position, You got power its the starter, you don't have power its one of the afore mentioned switches. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

My vote goes to battery connection. Have someone hold the key in start, clutch in, parking brake on. Wiggle the positive terminal on the battery. If it cranks, fix the corrosion.

Reply to
KENG