Top Posting

What is it about top posting that some people get in a huff about? I don't come across many people that have a problem with it, and I always top post, and I am not the only one, but there aren't many. To me, its easier to read someone's reply when it on top than to run all the way to the bottom.

Not posted as an attack on anyone, just reminded about it and wanted to ask.

Reply to
Shades

bottom.

I guess it falls back to the old BBS system. etiquette says your reply should be below the area you're commenting on. what bothers me more is someone posts a two word reply to a post along the lines of "yeah right" and has to copy the whole

2000 word post he's replying to. The next worse is the reply with no part of the original post. Followed by the includes every message in the thread in the body with a reply

If you just commenting on one paragraph or one or two lines, that's all that needs to be the reply along with the person's info that sent it.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
Todd Copeland

my news reader tries to force me to bottom post by putting the cursor there. Yet when I an reading articles it starts from the top!?!

I prefer top posting since I can see the new message right away. But thats probably a factor of the silly way my reader does reading vs. writing.

I use THunderbird.

Shades wrote:

Reply to
dnoyeB