Torsion bar question

Hello to all, Phil here...(96 Yukon, 5.7l sfi,

4x4, auto OD)

My truck appears to have all stock suspension components, but seems to be a little bit high in the front. In other words, it doesnt sit level. I notice an adjustment thing on the end of the torsion bars that look like they would alter the front ride hieght if cranked in or out. Most other trucks of this type I've seen seem to sit more level. I suspect a previous owner did alittle "adjusting" of the bars. Will this cause any problems with excessive wear on parts, or handling issues, or anything else? I'm currently chasing down a shimmy kind of thing that occurs about 34 mph, up to about 45 mph and then stops. If, while problem is occuring, I start to turn the truck (such as entering a curve) the shaking stops, same with the brakes. If I apply them while the thing is shaking, it stops it right away. Both rotors and pads are new. And would it hurt anything if I was to "re-adjust" the torsion bars so the truck sits level again?

Thanks for your input....

Reply to
Phillip

Some kids think it's cool to crank up the torsion bars to raise the front end, so that's what probably was done to yours. Won't hurt anything to level it out, but may need an alignment after you're done. (From the sounds, maybe you already need an alignment.)

Hans

Reply to
KØHB