Truck dies

I have a 93 chevy silverado 1500. Somitimes after start up or briefly driving my truck it will quit and blow the ecm fuse. I discoverd that after tapping on the fule pump relay that i could replace the fuse without blowing and the truck would start and run fine. I replaced the relay hoping to fix the problem but the same thing happens with the new one. I still have to tap it after it quits and replace the fuse to get it running. I have been told that it could be the relay, wiring to the fuel pump, fuel pump, or the ecm itself. Has anyone ever heard of this befor?. Please help!

Reply to
niswonger

Add bad fuel pump ground to the list of possibles, cheap and easy to check, on my truck it's on the frame rail back by the tank. If it's corroded, take it apart clean it and then cover it with something(undercoating works good)

nisw> I have a 93 chevy silverado 1500. Somitimes after start up or briefly

Reply to
89GMC