van's completely dead now

This is a 96 chevy express van with a 350 and 145k.

I posted a couple weeks ago about my van having multiple cylinder misfires. That problem sort of went away on it's own. Last night, it died completely after some rain. It alternates between acting like a dead battery and having no power at all. In dead battery mode, the electricals seem to work, but you get solenoid click when trying to start. When you try this, most times it goes completely dead after a second or two of clicks. If you wait a minute, you can get the electricals to pop back on. They sort of cut in and out. But there's never enough power to start the car. And when it's dead, nothing works like when the battery is disconnected. It has a brand new battery and alternator that had been working perfectly. I haven't tried to diagnose anything yet. Any ideas on where to look? My gut is telling me it's the grounding strap.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Bad battery cable or connector. Or bad ground connection.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks. I tightened the positive battery terminal and it fired right up.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning