We have a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 4 wd not engaging?

We replaced the 4wd actuator. You can hear a clicking under the dash but, the front wheels do not turn. The lights for 4 hi and 4 lo lights on the switch stay on. What else could it be? Don't want to just guess and put parts in it and still not fix the problem. Would love some insight on this please.

Reply to
willie2007

Had a 98 with similar problem. Relay on firewall passenger side. think it was about $45 at dealer.

Reply to
bilz2765