What's a 350 V8 worth?

Hello all...

I have finally found a truck to use as a source of parts for my beloved '84 GMC. It's a "wreck" that was left to die where the bed gave it up and came apart. I've been told that it runs and could move if the tires were aired up...and I intend to test that theory as my trailer hasn't got a winch on it. I'll make sure the engine has oil and that kind of thing before I try anything.

The truck has a 350 V8 in it AFAIK. I've been told that the motor itself is in good shape but that it needs carb work. How much or what kind I don't know. If I buy the truck AND the engine runs (which will be a big factor!) what could I sell the engine for? I am not looking to get rich, but I would like to give the engine a good home if it is OK. How hard is it to remove just an engine from an '84, and would that be a good idea if I don't have a special place to put it? (In other words, should the buyer have to pull it?)

William The Guesser (working on making more trouble than he is worth!)

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hey William, You won't have any problems finding a home for that engine. If I were you, I'd leave it in the truck untill you find someone who wants it. That way they can see it run. That's how I always do it when I'm in that situation.

I usually advertise stuff in the "Tradin Post" based out of Peoria. Had some good luck with it in the past, as it's distributed across the whole state of IL. The "Pantagraph" in Normal is also a good place to advertise. (Y'all get the Pantagraph down in Farmer City, don't you?)

PS- I drove through Farmer City yesterday on my way back to Bloomington in the semi. Had to dodge the portable scales that they had setup at the I-74 rest area just north of there. Nice to know that town never changes ;-) Haven't been to the racetrack for a couple years now... itchin' to go again.

C-ya...

Tony Kimmell El Paso, IL

Reply to
Tony Kimmell