Who Makes their shocks?

I have a 97 S10 extended 4.3 auto, 85,000 km fronts shocks are leaking and wondered if I would be best to stay OEM or after market ? Wondered who was making shocks for Chevy/GM .Just a daily driver.

Thanks,Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morgan

My '97 Yukon came with Bilstein shocks.

Reply to
JR

The truck I purchased had Midas on them, seems to be the exact same shock as Monroe's. At less then 20k miles on them I've blown all 4. But for a daily street driver, they should be fine, Im about 80% dirt roads in mine.

Reply to
Kenner Costen

My 2001 Sonoma SL fronts were wet when I looked at 20k. Replaced all 4 with Monroe's 2nd from the top, something-a-track gas shocks. At first the new shocks were way too stiff but great with a load. Now they have either broken in else I have gotten used to it.

Reply to
David Kelly
100,000 miles on the original Bilsteins. Still running back country roads and interstates no problem.
Reply to
JR