Wind deflectors in 2003 Silverado

I am wondering if the wind deflectors that fit into the window tracks actually work. Do they really cut down the window noise.

They don't use tape or glue but they must have a bracket or some fastening device. Is that detrimental to the appearance of the truck.

Thanks for your comments

Reply to
anutforyou

Greetings,

I have the visors that fit into the window tracks on my Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab, but to answer your question No they do not cut down on wind noise. But then again they're not supposed to. What they are great for is letting you keep your windows down about 1-2" while either driving or parked in the rain without letting any water in. While driving, I feel that they also help pull the air out of the cabin.

The visors that sit in the tracks are not held in place by anything other than the shape of the track for the front doors - there are no clips or brackets. As for the rear doors on my crew cab, each side has one small bracket that fits in under the rubber window seal and clips onto the front of the visor, plus a strip of double sided tape to hold the visor up. Easy to install and completely unnoticable.

As for the looks, I personally think they look very good (and much better than the ones that stick onto the outside of the window frame). The only slight issue I can think of is that they make the A-pillar visually wider by about an inch, plus the visor on the right door comes down in front of the inside edge of my line of sight for the right side mirror - but I've gotten used to this over the years.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I've got WeatherTech's in channel deflectors on the front doors of our 03 GMC Envoy. Made no difference in wind noise. Like previous poster said, they allow you to roll down the window an inch or two. On several occasions there is an "etch" sound that comes from the window glass rubbing the plastic deflector. Doesn't happen often enough to be an out-right annoyance

Reply to
DonW

They don't cut down on noise, thats not what they are made for. They are for people to roll down the window a bit without getting rain in. The previous owner of my truck put them on and they actually made more noise so I took them off.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Thanks for the input . I appreciate it.

Reply to