Yet another Oops... Broken vacuum delay on 1977 Suburban C10 454

Well just when I thought it was safe to work on my burban again ... I broke off a port on the vacuum delay unit. It is a off white nylon looking cylinder about 3/4 inch in diameter and 3/4 inch long with two ports coming out of each end. Two ports, one top and one bottom are connected to the temp sensor on the water outlet housing. the other two ports, top and bottom connect a metal tube on the bottom of my carb to my vacuum advance unit. The broken port is the one that went to the carb. I assume this device blocks the vacuum that goes to the vacuum advance when the coolant is cool. My questions are... Can I run a straight line bypassing the unit until I get a replacement and what impact will this have on performance? Is this a performance or a emmisions reduction mechanism?

Thanks, Bob Wells

Reply to
Robert L. Wells

Yep, just run it straight. It is an emmissions thing.....

Reply to
Scott