03 and newer T&Cs

We currently own a 96 T&C LXi with 125k. My wife absolutely loves this van. The torgue converter was replaced at around 90k and the switch inside the steering wheel (can't recall the name for it) for the wipers and air bag light was replaced also. The door locks, mainly the drivers side door is starting to act up now. Anyway with 125k I'd like to get her into a newer unit. Any bugs in the 03 and newer T&Cs? Still having tranny problems? Any other little glitches to be aware of? I'll be buying from a dealer to get what is left of the 8/80 warranty.

Thanks Darin

Reply to
Darin

I too, am considering 03 or newer. There were a couple of posts yesterday about 05's having problems with locks locking or unlocking on their own. I would have thought that problems like these would have been long resolved.

10+ years ago, this group had many postings about transmission problems, but has declined in recent years.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

"" wrote: > We currently own a 96 T&C LXi with 125k. My wife absolutely > loves this > van. The torgue converter was replaced at around 90k and the > switch > inside the steering wheel (can't recall the name for it) for > the wipers > and air bag light was replaced also. The door locks, mainly > the drivers > side door is starting to act up now. Anyway with 125k I'd like > to get > her into a newer unit. Any bugs in the 03 and newer T&Cs? > Still having > tranny problems? Any other little glitches to be aware of? > I'll be > buying from a dealer to get what is left of the 8/80 warranty. > > Thanks > Darin

Hi there Darin As far as I know the only thing that could be called a bug on the 05, is on the Body Control Module (BCM), it can make the Instrument cluster to fail and after that to bring a service engine light up. However that is corrected with a flash of the memory by the dealer and it is covered by the warranty.

It can also affect the keyless entry system. Best regards and good luck on your new van.

Reply to
JMendez

I have an '05 with 5k miles on it and so far no problems. The stow n go feature is really neat and useful. I've had no problems with the locks or the transmission.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Thanks for the replies. We found an 03 with 40k. They wanted $19,999 I offered them 15,500 and our van they came back with 16 and our van so I took it. Nice van with DVD player, heated seats, auto sliding doors blah blah. They're throwing in another set of headphones too since 3 kids can't use 2 pair. Although they tried last night. I'm buying an extended warranty that covers everything for 8 yr or 100k. Not sure if other dealers do this but you get half the cost of the warranty back if you don't use it in that time. I know these extended warranties are full dealer profits but I need it for the piece of mind. And my wife's piece of mind. Still trying to figure out this tire pressure monitoring system! wth?

Darin

Reply to
Darin