'03 T&C automatic air ?

Have a '03 T&C Limited with the auto air temp feature(?) If it is set to 'auto' and the temp is set to say 72 or so......if heat is called for, it blasts on and reaches gosh knows what temp....HOT. If AC is called for, it blasts cold and drops to COLD. Is the set temp just a number to make me, the consumer, feel good about about all these fancy features that doesn't really work ? The dealer finds no problem. And that doesn't even address the question of setting the temps different between driver and passenger. No matter what the setting(s) or the degree of diferential,basically the air from the vents on each side is the same. What kind of diferential should I be able to achieve ? Maybe I am just expecting to much..... Zork

Reply to
Zork

Climate control on my 300M is outstanding. If dealer says yours is working like all others, ask to check another on the lot to be sure.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic

I've had several, and they all adjust to exactly the set temperature (at the vent) when they have the car heated or cooled. They always come on and work hard at the beginning (because they have to) but of course in they winter that can't happen. You don't have any heat at all for about 10 minutes after a cold start.

Sounds like you've been driving this thing 2 years and it's never worked right. I don't think I have heard about this particular mode of failure, so it may be that you expect too much. I always say it's one of those things that depends on your mentality. My wife used to get in my car and set it on

60 or 90 (the opposite of your problem). I leave it on 72 all the time. After she got her own, she learned to leave hers alone.
Reply to
Joe

--------- You may be right, expect more than it can deliver. I set it at about 76 normally and wife side around 71 or 72. Not a whole lot of heating is required(live in FL), but on occasion it feels great. Even heated seats which I thought I would never use. When heat is called from, it sure as heck gets a lot hotter than the set temp, I think. But when cooling, the fan starts out on high, which I would expect. As it cools, the fan goes to the lowest setting, but the temp from the vents never changes as far as I can tell. Will take it to a different dealer and see what they have to say. I have just sort of put up with it for the 2years you mentioned, now I have some free time and will pursue it further. Thanks for all the suggestions all....that's why I really like this newsgroup ! Zork

Reply to
Zork