'07 Dodge Nitro / Transmission Cooler / Towing

Does anyone know if the '07 Dodge Nitro comes standard with a transmission cooler, or do you have to get the towing package? Both Edmunds and Yahoo Auto list the cooler under "Standard Equipment". According to the manual, having this gets you an extra 1500lbs of towing capacity (from 2000 to 3500lbs).

If not, will I be ok towing my 2500lb popup camper if I enable "tow/ haul" mode 3 or 4 times per year for 100 to 200 miles at a time?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
lagman

Just go to a wrecking yard and find a transmission cooler and plumb it in. Unless your living in a place that has winter temps under 30 degrees, you will be adding years of life to your transmission by adding another cooler, whether or not you tow with it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt