1984 Chrysler Fifth Avenue Question

I have a 1984 Chrysler Fifth Avenue that I believe the "Electronic Fuel Control Module" is defective. This is the module mounted to the air cleaner. When looking around the internet I do not see the exact phrase "Electronic Fuel Control Module". (that is what it says directly on the module) I see ECM, ECU, Control Engine Module, Computer, etc.... Does anyone know what I really want?

A perfect example is at the url below:

Look at the last items at the bottom of the left column.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com

Reply to
Dave McCombs

Its the engine control module.

Most people don't replace those, they put on an older Chrysler electronic ignition system and a non-feedback carburetor, but that can be a problem if you have to pass a "visual" emissions check (where they lookfor the computer to be hooked up- retrofitting will usually easily pass a tailpipe test.)

What are the symptoms? Those computers rarely fail. Its more likely that one of the sensors or a feedback solenoid in the carburetor has failed.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
William R. Messick