1991 Park Avenue Climate Control Question

Hi there,

on my '91 Park Avenue the climate control suddenly can not be switched to "Auto" anymore but stays on or goes to "Econ" instead if I press the "Auto" button - meaning that I cannot cool the car anymore.

All other functions of the dashboard control unit seem to work.

Does this mean that probably the dashboard control unit is defective?

Does anybody know how to replace this control unit? It seems to be fixed with 3 screws (2 at the sides, 1 at the top), but how to remove the long black dashboard covering?

I would be very grateful if some of you could give me some hints.

Thanks a lot

Reply to
Someone Jackson

dave shepherd

... thanks a lot. I had the freon checked and there is a lot of pressure in the system.

How to check now the compressor if the control unit does not allow this?

Reply to
Someone Jackson

Reply to
dave shepherd