1988 Eagle Premier ES

Hi my name is Mike and I have an 88 eagle premier my speedometer & odometer are not working anymore but the odometer & trip was woking for a year and the speedometer was not working the rest of the guages do work like temp, gas, oil pressure, etc. Please some1 help me out and give some answers on what i should check first.

Reply to
Mike

I am not very familiar with that model, as it was built when Renault was partnered with American Motors, prior to Chrysler's aquisition.

I would suggest checking for a cable coming from the back of the speedometer. It could be broken.

If there is no cable, they probably started to use a speed sensor on the transmission by then, to pickup the signal for the speedometer and odometer. If it has gone bad, a replacment should fix it.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

Not to be picky, but the Premier was BUILT by Chrysler but was DESIGNED by Renault and AMC prior to the acquisition.

Reply to
Hudson

View this thread:

philthy