240 Speedometer

I just had the brakes done on my 88 240 wagon. I was driving today, and noticed that the speedometer and odometer are not working. Any suggestions as to cause and how to fix it?

Thanks!

John

Reply to
John von Colditz

John von Colditz presented the following explanation :

I just realized they also serviced the differential, too. They replaced the pinion seal.

Reply to
John von Colditz

The speedometer sensor is mounted in the cover of the differential, they probably forgot to plug it in, or they may have damaged the wiring. Go back and have them fix it.

Reply to
James Sweet

Excellent! Thanks, James!

Reply to
John von Colditz

Resolved! The sending unit needed to be reseated, and it is fine!

Reply to
John von Colditz