1990 Sundance speedometer/odometer cluster

1990 Sundance .I am trying to replace a gear in the odometer. Need instructions for removing needle from speedometer so i can get cluster apart. Thanks!!

Arnold

Reply to
adoom

Tell me that the gear you are trying to replace is not the pinion gear that goes into the transmission!!! I cant see how you would even get a part number for anything pertaining to the speedometer period!!!

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn,

The speedometer is working fine.The odometer is not working. I was going to try to buy whatever gear is bad online and repair it myself. The whole cluster is controlled by a speed sensor not a cable. I just need to know how to safely take off the needle to get the cluster apart, to get to the gears. Thanks!

Arnold

Reply to
adoom

There are several sites I have been to online that you can get the gears to replacones that are broken. I have even confirm them with phone calls. You can also send them away for repair, which is waht I paln to do. There are only 42,500 original miles on the Sundance and its in near perfect shape.When it comes back from repair it will still reflect the original miles.

Arnold

Reply to
adoom