1990 Voyage - solenoid doesn't open rear gate

The front dash button to open the rear gate on my 1990 Voyager no longer unlocks the gate. The solenoid is activated as I can hear it and the light on the dash flashes quickly but the lock is not disengaged. I've pulled the panel and inspected the lock mechanism and can't see anything obviously out of whack. Any ideas on what I should look for? Thanks for any tips.

John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

Reply to
John Keith

Make sure the latch itself is not out of alignment. If it is the solenoid will trigger the latch in the door but it may not be able to retract far enough for the mis-aligned catch.

Reply to
PC Medic