replace plugs on 1990 Voyager 3.3L V6

I had some terrible missing on my 1990 Plymouth Voyager with the 3.3L V6 engine and I started to replace the plugs and cables. I was able to replace the plugs on the front three cylinders and thankfully this has corrected the initial problem. But now I'm faced with the problem of how to get to the three plugs on the rear of the engine. Any tips from the experienced on how to finish this job?

John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

Reply to
John Keith

You have to come up from underneath. I used to have a '90 Caravan with the same engine. Drive the front-end up on ramps like you would for an oil change. You can then get underneath. There is more than enough room to get your hand up to remove the cables from each plug, but you'll need an extension on your socket to remove the plug itself.

Ah, if only the design engineers were sent to work on this stuff occasionally, we'd see better layouts (grin)!

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

I have a 99 Gr Caravan with the 3.3 and was able to change the back three plugs from above. I have long arms, and it tried my patience to the max, (also a few scrapes on the arms) but it worked. I did look at it from below, and had heard that was the way to go, but I couldn't see it being easier that way. Good Luck, Rosebud

Reply to
Rosebud

It's a lot easier from below on the older vans and an absolute necessity on the newer ones (owner of a '99 3.8L and previously '90 3.3L).

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman