1991 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Gauge

The fuel gauge shows full immediately after a fuel fill-up. After about 100 miles, the fuel gauge shows empty. The fuel sensing unit or other electrical problem. Is it difficult to replace the fuel sensing device??

Reply to
NoName

maxpower

Thanks,

We only have about 90K miles on the vehicle. not used much the first ten years or so, and LOTS of short The fuel sending unit is bad,The fuel tank has to be removed in order to

Reply to
NoName

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
jdoe

Yeah, not a CHEAP fix, nor uncomplicated. I am lazy and would pay to have someone else do it. Expensive but saves time and frustration.

So far we have been using the odometer as a guide. ...if driving mainly freeway, fill when there is 325-350 miles since last fill-up. ...if driving around town/home, fill when there is about 275 miles since last fill-up. I have put over 17 gallons in that tank recently. heh heh, which is pretty good, I think; as the fuel tank is supposed to only have a 17 gallon capacity.

Works so far. But a functioning gauge would be nice.

Reply to
NoName

Reply to
maxpower

I am of the belief that if you are going to go that far and take the tank out, may as well replace the fuel pump at the same time especially if it is 10 years old.

I replaced the pump in my 90 C/V three times but then again, it did have

280,000 miles on it when I retired it.

Chas

Reply to
Chas Stokes