1995 Chrysler LHS Problems

I just purchased a 95 Chrysler LHS. Car has about 150k miles on it...Well the problem is, when taking off from a stand still, if I give the car more than a little bit of gas it becomes sluggish and goes really slow. If I just barely press the gas, it drives fine but acceleration is slow due to the little bit of gas I am giving the car. I floor the car, tranny downshifts, but the car is very sluggish in acceleration..Also, starting the car is becoming a pain. It cranks but takes forever to crank over...Whats going on here? I was told fuel pump or fuel related. Is that what my problem is?

Reply to
Big_Meat

Maybe. It could also be ignition related, but it's really hard to describe that kind of thing in USENET posts. Ignition wires are a very common problem that requires driving with a very light pedal. The best way to check the condition of ignition wires is to watch your car engine run on a dark night. The best way to check your fuel delivery is with a pressure gauge. A lot of folks would rather type away on their computers rather than troubleshoot, but it's really okay to actually test something. You can buy the gage for about $30 or Autozone will loan you one for free. Dark nights are free, too.

Reply to
Joe

Ok, I did the turn the ignition on 3 times diagnostic test and heres the results...Flashed codes 12 and 14...Can someone tell me what these codes are and what I need to do to fix the problems???

Reply to
Big_Meat

12: Start of codes 14: MAP sensor voltage out of range (below 0.16v or over 4.96v) You should've got a 55 (end of codes) as well.

Most likely culprit of the 14 is the MAP sensor itself. Second most likely is MAP sensor wiring.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern