1995 LeBaron Brake Lights

OK, I'm an idiot. How do I replace the brake light bulb in a 1995 Chrysler LeBaron convertible? I don't see any easy way to remove the lens and I don't want to force anything. Does it snap off or something? Of course I lost the manual.

THANKS!!!!

Reply to
Dave Busch

Open the trunk. Directly "behind" each taillamp, you will find that you can fold the trunk lining carpet away from the rear panel of the car, by grasping the carpet panel at the outboard edge and pulling it forward.

You will then see the plastic thumb nuts that hold the taillamp lens-reflector assembly to the quarter panel. Remove these and pull the taillamp assembly away from the car. The sockets take a 1/4-turn counterclockwise to remove from the lens-reflector. You'll want to replace both LH and RH bulbs since they tend to darken with age. For best brake lamp performance, use 3357 or 3457 bulbs rather than the 3157s.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Thanks a million. I knew it had to be simple, but things have to be really, really simple for me to figure it out.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Busch

How do these 3 bulbs differ? Wattage or life, I am guessing.

And I wondered the other day, how do a 3057 and 3157 differ?

Thanks.

(waiting for enlightenment...)

Reply to
clemslay

Scroll down to the table that contains the 3000-series bulbs. These tables are pretty cruddy at the moment; I'm working on improving them.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting