Rear brake light replacement in 2002 Odyssey

One of the rear brake lights in my wife's '02 Odyssey isn't working. The owners manual seems to be quite clear on how to remove the tail light assembly and replace the bulb. (Use a flat screwdriver to open the covers, remove the screws, and slide the assembly back from the body).

The covers lift easily, the screws come out, and the tail light assembly moves freely in most directions - except back. The manual is not clear on the front mount point. It looks like it is a stud possibly into a rubber grommet. I DON'T want to break anything doing this, so I've been cautious in applying force. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

PlainBill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Dumb multi-poster. Crossposting is beyond your intellectual capabilities?

See my reply to this identical message independently posted to rec.autos.makers.honda.

I will not repeat myself here.

Reply to
Tegger

Not necessary. I found instructions elsewhere.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

so why did you post?

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:zuidnRl-g_wQ_EvYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

To tell me so, that's why.

Reply to
Tegger

Well now we know in the future not to bother answering any of is questions.

Reply to
Seth