1997 dodge caravan 2.4 engine

Why is my lights keep blinking on my heater and ac panel. help!

Reply to
young421

This was posted because sometimes light flash; however, the test described below should also recalibrate the system. If the system doesn't pass the tests, lights will flash. Good luck:

Hi all, I posted this over a year ago and I've reposted it from time to time. Here it is again:

This is a relatively common problem that has shown up a number of times in this newsgroup. I've posted this a number of times and I've received some replies that have indicated that this works. A dead or disconnected battery can do this. Somehow the battery discharge and recharge must have somehow caused your HVAC control panel to enter diagnostic mode or there may be some problem in the system. Even if you haven't had an electrical problem, somehow your HVAC panel has gone into diagnostic mode. I don't think it is likely to be a problem in the system. The HVAC system has built in self diagnostics. The blinking you are seeing indicates that somehow the diagnostic test was run successfully, or that there is a failure in the system. I would suggest running the HVAC test yourself and then resetting the system. If there is still a problem then you can go further. The following is gleaned from my T&C '97 Factory Shop Manual.. I think the procedure is the same on your model.

With engine on set blower motor to high, set mode position knob to panel (i.e. full left), open all A/C outlets, set temperature to cold (both levers if so equipped).

Now press the wash and rear wiper buttons on the A/C panel simultaneously for 5 seconds (until all LED's light). This should get the test started. Assorted lights on this panel will flash as different tests are run. Eventually if the tests are passed the rear wiper LED should be the only light flashing. Push the rear wiper button to exit test mode and you should be home free.

Reply to
Ron Ginsberg