1999 300M ,, A/C Problem?

Last year in April I replaced the compressor, belt, condenser, etc... = A/C worked good all summer.. Today the temp. was 70+ and no a/c... runs = ok, but no cool air.. Could the refrigerant have leaked out? You = advice and counsel needed and appreciated. Have had this car 10 years = and only 66,000 miles on it - can't afford to trade... Thanks in = advance. Ralph Griffith

--=20 Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
argyliz

"argyliz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5a701$47fc29e1$d066adf1$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET...

Have you checked compressor clutch is electric energized and engaged?

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

You mention nothingabout having ever replaced the evaporator on thi vehicle. With the history of these vehicles having aleaking evap I woul say that your vehicle may be low on R134 and this could be your problem The A/C manifold gauges would have to be connected to verify afull orlo charge.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tec

-

Message posted using

information at

damnnickname

More information at
I agree with Glenn - the evaps. on the LH cars are a particular weak spot. Plan on several hundred dollars of cost if that's it and you replace it - the entire dash has to be removed.

Bill Putney