1999 caravan

what does the code 43 mean I got it from turnning the ignition key five times. I believe that it has something to do with misfireing but am not sure , could it also have to do with the transmission, durring exceleration it is chugging not smooth when i put it into netural it seams to run fine so not sure if it is mis-fire or tansmission. Could it be the timming belt, the van has 163675 kilometers. thanks to all that reply

Reply to
David Smith

According to my manual, Code 43 is Ignition coil primary circuit. It can be any of coils 1-3. "Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time." So, to shotgun the fix, replace the coil(s).

Bill

Reply to
Bill D