Preventing Rust at Door Seams on 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ...

All, I had a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager, and it was a great vehicle except for rust setting in where the outer door skin seams over the inner door panel; these seams were not well sealed. In looking at my 2003, it looks just as vulnerable, and I would like to do something about it.

The van is white, so I could get some white silicone sealer and clean, dry and seal the joint. Has anyone found a better technique? Any other areas to pay close attention to?

Chris

Reply to
M100C

jdoe

That's an interesting idea. I wonder if the light lubricant in WD-40 would work just as well? Anyone?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Better suggestion. Go to your local body shop supply store and pick up a spray can of 3M's anti-rust. It is a nearly clear wax type materal chemically formulated to stay in place and prevent rust. I have had excellent results with this professional product.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
jdoe

silicone is made from a compound that has acid in it and if it permeates metal it causes it to rust faster and if it caught by dealer the warranty could be voided it even outlines rustproofing added that can void your warranty

M100C wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

It even smells bad.