Cause of Steering Wheel Shimmy in 1997 Grand Caravan?

I have a 97 Caravan that recently has begun to have a steering wheel shimmy at low speed on city roads. It disappears at highway speeds. Could someone let me
know what the possible causes are? I am trying to determine if it is time to part with this vehicle! Thank you.
Possibly nothing more serious than just your wheels needing balancing.
G.

shimmy at low speed on city roads. It disappears at highway speeds. Could someone let me know what the possible causes are? I am trying to determine if it is time to part with this vehicle! Thank you.

Probably a bad belt in one of the tires. Are they fireblows or bridgestones? If so get rid of 'em. Others I have had personal problems with for this have been Coopers. Also if you have alloy wheels it could be from mistorquing the lug nuts etc. Larry

shimmy at low speed on city roads. It disappears at highway speeds. Could someone let me know what the possible causes are? I am trying to determine if it is time to part with this vehicle! Thank you.

Site Timeline