1999 Voyager 2.4 Electrical question

I've been having a problem with intemittently dead instrument cluster, which, from reading many forums, is a common problem. I'm going to pull the cluster and see if anything needs to be re-soldered, but riddle me this:

Is there some reason why, when I connect/disconnect the battery's ground wire, I notice some current flowing (tiny spark) even though I don't have anything switched on, no key in the ignition, no interior lights, nothing running? Is something shorting and draining the battery? Could it be related to the instrument cluster?

This was happening before I recently had the radiator fan relay replaced because the fan would not kick on.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Satan Himself